Zéphirine Drouhin Climbing Rose
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRosa 'ZÃ©phirine Drouhin'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ GU HI IN NJ PR
- Spread36 - 72 inches
- Spacing36 - 72 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to fall
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm well and water in thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch heavily in colder areas with preferred method.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower Form3 1/2 to 4" Loose, old-fashioned looking, semi double high-centered flowers produced in clusters or singly. Buds are long and pointed
- Foliage TypeSemi-glossy dark green w/ thornless stems. Young leaves are a bronze coppery purple.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, rich amended soil.
- Watering RequirementWater deeply and regularly.
- PruningDeadhead to encourage reblooming. In early spring, remove dead wood canes.
- Additional InformationBest when grown as a climber.
- Unique CharactersticsOne of the most fragrant Romanica roses with a heavily old rose scent that fills the garden. The large, full flowers last for up to 10 days in the garden or bouquets! Dense deep green foliage stages the deeply colored flowers beautifully.
- Height/Habit6 - 12 feet
- Growth RateVigorous with abundant long arching and rambling canes.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||4/16/18 - 6/1/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/1/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/1/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/1/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/1/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 6/1/18|
|9A - 10B||1/22/18 - 6/1/18|
|Last Order Date||May 28th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.