Yellow Crown Imperials
Exotic-looking and bright-colored!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to Late Spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Yellow Crown Imperials
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameFRITILLARIA IMPERIALIS 'MAXIMA LUTEA'
- Ships As20-22 CM
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid to Late Spring
- Winter CareA bit more finicky than the average bulb, it Needs winter protection of 2 inches of mulch.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower FormLarge bell-shaped flowers in clusters
- Foliage TypeLeaves at the base of the stem are either in whorls or alternate, upper part of stem is bare except for tuft at top above flowers.
- Soil RequirementPrefers rich, well-draining neutral pH soil and a hot dry period over the summer.
- Watering RequirementAverage water needs. Need dry period during summer.
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Unique CharactersticsIt has distinctive, pendulous golden-yellow blooms on spikes topped with a pineapple like rosette of green bracts
- Shipped20-22 CM
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.