Yankee Doodle Lilac
Born and bred in the USA
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 3-7
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Yankee Doodle Lilac
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameSyringa vulgaris 'Yankee Doodle'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 feet
- Spacing6 feet
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm and water in well.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormDouble flowers forms 5"- 8" panicles.
- Foliage TypePale green, heart shaped leaves, 4" - 5".
- Soil RequirementWell drained garden soil enriched with humus.
- PruningTo shape as needed, after flowering
- Additional InformationThe top rated Lilac by Father Fiola, the famous Lilac breeder and expert. Bred in Russia by the great Russian lilac hybridist Leonid Kolesnikov.
- Unique CharactersticsNature Hills: The Yankee Doodle Lilac features large panicles of deep rich purple flowers. The large clusters of strongly fragrant single flowers rise above the blue green heart shaped foliage. The Yankee Doodle is a profuse bloomer with an upright and spreading growth habit. It is also hardy and easy to care for.For the best flower display it prefers full sun but can tolerate light shade as well.Its size and shape make it a perfect choice as a windbreak or privacy hedge. It would be beautiful as a foundation plant and around patios or walks where its fragrance can truly be enjoyed.Your Yankee Doodle will attract songbirds, butterflies and hummingbirds to further enhance this shrubs beauty. However, it will not attract deer or Japanese Beetles. Every landscape should have at least one Lilac. Choose the Yankee Doodle for its rich fragrance and color.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.