- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameViburnum nudum 'Winterthur'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 - 6 feet
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid to late spring
- Planting InstructionsNone special. But better berry crop is achieved with more than one viburnum planted.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall single flower clusters arranged in dome-shaped cymes.
- Foliage TypeElliptic to oblong, shiny medium to dark green leaves. In autumn they display a breathtaking maroon-red color.
- Soil RequirementAverage well drained soil. Does not tolerate chalky or alkaline soils.
- PruningDo any pruning after flowering. Take care not to prune too heavily or fruit production will be reduced.
- Additional InformationAttractive fruit is not for human consumption, but the birds love them. To achieve a bumper crop of berries, plant another cultivar in close proximity.
- Unique CharactersticsFlat clusters of small white blossoms exude a powerful fragrance in the spring. Native to low woods and swamps, this viburnum tolerates wet feet much better than other shrubs. Flower are followed by clusters of bright berries that begin light pink, then deepen to dark pink before shifting to blue and purple-black. Foliage provides wonderful maroon fall color.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit5 - 6 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.