Pink blooms and distinctive foliage
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring into fall.
We ship this item in Spring
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameWeigela florida 'Variegata'
- Ships As1 YEAR BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 feet
- Spacing5 feet
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateLate spring into fall.
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch in northern climates after the ground freezes to prevent heaving of plants caused by alternate freezing and thawing temperatures.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower Form1" Foxglovelike flower, funnel-shaped in lower half, bell-shaped above with 5 spreading petals.
- Foliage TypeNew growth is soft medium green, broadly edged with creamy white. Leaves are oval, toothed. Mature color is dark green in the center with lime green margins.
- Pruning TimeAfter flowering.
- ResistanceRemarkably free of pests and diseases.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, average soil. Not too dry.
- PruningPrune to shape or to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering.
- Additional InformationWeigela named after German professor Christian Ehrenfried Weigel, who died in 1831.
- Unique CharactersticsAttract hummingbirds all season long with this beautiful shrub! Attractive variegated foliage keeps this plant interesting between the flushes of blooms. Its compact size makes it easy to fit into smaller, urban gardens.
- Shipped1 YEAR BAREROOT
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.