Wedding Party™ Double Lenten Rose Mix
Delightful late-winter color
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late winter through early to mid spring.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Wedding Party™ Double Lenten Rose Mix
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHelleborus WEDDING PARTY™ Mix
- Common NameWedding Party™ Double Hellebore Mix
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate winter through early to mid spring.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground has frozen, if planted in fall. Remove the mulch in late winter, before growth starts.
- Flower FormLarge, double, cup-shaped flowers.
- Foliage TypeGlossy green, leathery leaves divided into 7- to 9-toothed leaflets. Evergreen in warmer climates.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, moisture-retentive soil, but does become drought-tolerant as it matures.
- PruningOnly to remove old, damaged or brown foliage. Pruning is not necessary, except to remove old, damaged, and brown foliage.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: The double-flowered Helleborus WEDDING PARTY™ series debuted in the 2014-2015 season, an effort of years of work from Walters Gardens, Inc. hybridizer Hans Hansen. In his breeding work, he selects for plants with notable vigor, showy floral displays with large numbers of blossoms per plant, and rich flower colors. Exciting new colors join the series for 2015-2016, including a double mix. Don't miss!A mixture of color strains custom blended at the plug level for a more evenly distributed mix. Colors in the mix include black, mauve purple, white, yellow, and pink.Hellebores are the harbingers of spring, blooming for six weeks or more beginning in late winter. They are often flowering during the Christian season of Lent, from which they get their common name, Lenten Rose. This is the perfect plant for naturalizing in moist, woodland areas where its extensive root system will spread as far as it is allowed.
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|5A||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|5B||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|6A||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|6B||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|7A & 7B||4/3/17 - 6/23/17|
|8A & 8B||2/20/17 - 5/26/17|
|9A - 10B||2/13/17 - 5/26/17|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 19th, 2017
Zones 8-10: May 22nd, 2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.