White Wands Veronica
Pairs well with brightly colored flowers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 14 - 16 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early to midsummer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
White Wands Veronica
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameVeronica Magic Show® 'White Wands', PPAF
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread16 - 20 inches
- Spacing16 - 20 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly to midsummer
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container, firm and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch to prevent from frost heave in areas where temperatures fluctuate, causing freezing and thawing.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall, star-like flowers along long, narrow flower spires.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, adaptable to most soils except heavy wet ones.
- PruningPruning is not necessary during the growing season. This is a very tidy plant. Remove old foliage in late fall, or in early spring before new growth starts. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: MAGIC SHOW® Spike Speedwell have long, narrow flower spikes that look like colorful wands-and 'White Wands' is the perfect neutral white color if you'd like to combine with brightly colored annuals, like SUPERTUNIA®.'White Wands' is the perfect height to plant behind your low-growing perennials, but if front of your shrubs, and will bloom from midsummer into late summer. Honeybees, hummingbirds, and butterflies delight in their sweet nectar. The dark green, glossy linear leaves display better disease resistance than older Veronica.Try planting it in combination containers or near the front of the flower border paired with DAISY MAY® Leucanthemum and BRAZEN RAISIN™ Heuchera.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit14 - 16 inches
- Growth RateModerate once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.