Stately shade trees
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 50 - 100 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Native to eastern North America, the tulip tree is a trouble-free, deciduous shade tree for large yards and landscapes. Growing up to 100' tall with a conical shape, it has bright green, four-lobed leaves that are up to 8" across. In the fall, the leaves turn a golden yellow. Also called a yellow poplar, the tulip tree gets its name from its pale yellow, tulip-shaped, 2" flowers that bloom in the spring. A fast-growing tree, it has no serious insect or disease problems. It grows best in a sunny location and where it will have room to spread out and grow. Liriodendron tulipifera
Tree • Z4-9 • H50-100'xW35-50' • Late Spring • Sun
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameLiriodendron tulipifera
- Ships AsTREE BAND POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread35 - 50 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant in a location with plenty of room to grow.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower FormPale yellow, resembling a tulip bloom.
- Foliage TypeSquarish leaves with pointed tips and shallow lobes.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, slightly moist soil.
- PruningPrune in late winter or early spring to prevent excessive bleeding of sap.
- Unique CharactersticsA common and popular shade tree. Decorative showy blooms in spring, followed by rich green leaves for shade in summer, finishing the growing season with a beautiful golden-yellow fall hue.
- ShippedTREE BAND POT
- Height/Habit50 - 100 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.