Top Hit Hyacinth
Dramatic color and fragrance
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 10 - 12 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Early to mid spring
We ship this item in Fall
Top Hit Hyacinth
- Season Fall
- Botanical NameHyacinthus orientalis 'Top Hit'
- Ships AsBULBS
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Spacing3 - 6 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateEarly to mid spring
- Planting Instructions6" deep and 4 - 6" apart.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2".
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormTubular, double bell shaped flowers form a dense flower spike.
- Foliage TypeMedium, bright green, linear with curved edges.
- Soil RequirementLoosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- PruningLet foliage die down naturally. Leaves provide nourishment for bulbs to produce future growth and blooming. After foliage has yellowed or dried up.
- Unique CharactersticsThe fragrance of these blooms are complemented by the beautiful shades of lilac and purple. Buds begin as a dark purple and open to light lavender. The overall effect is very dramatic. Plant them in formal beds, among perennials, scattered in clumps or along walkways.
- Height/Habit10 - 12 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.