Tonto Hardy Crape Myrtle
Beauty and interest all year long !
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 6-10
- Flowering Date: Mid summer to late summer.
We ship this item in Spring
Tonto Hardy Crape Myrtle
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameLagerstroemia 'Tonto' (L. indica L. fauriei)
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 feet
- Hardiness Zone6-10
- Flowering DateMid summer to late summer.
- Planting InstructionsAdaptable to many soils so long as they are well drained. Firm and water in well.
- Winter CareMulch in colder climates, remove in early spring before growth starts until plant is established.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormLarge decorative panicles of many small frilled flowers with crinkled petals. Extremely beautiful.
- Foliage TypeElliptic-ovate, lustrous medium green. New growth has a bronzy-pink cast. Develop an attractive light maroon to bright red color in fall.
- ResistanceGood resistance to mildew
- Soil RequirementWell drained, tolerant of heavy clay soils.
- PruningTo shape and for aesthetics. Also remove spent bloom panicles to encourage repeat blooming.
- Additional InformationSmall plants will flower the first season, but heavy flowering does not occur until the second or third season. Exfoliating bark not evident until third or fourth season
- Unique CharactersticsYear after year, this beautiful Fantasia Mum will bring an explosion of brilliant hues to your garden. It forms a compact mound 16" - 24" high and 16" - 24" wide, covered with stunning, fiery orange-bronze cushiony blooms and rich foliage.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateFast once established.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.