Tongariro Hardy Orchid
- Sun Exposure: Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 3 - 4 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Tongariro Hardy Orchid
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePleione 'Tongariro'
- Ships As9-11 CM BULB
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 10 inches
- Spacing6 - 10 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateSpring
- Planting InstructionsGreenhouse - filtered sunlight, moderate humidity, regular feedings. Outdoors - sheltered site in partial shade, protect from severe weather and excessive moisture.
- Winter CareLift in zones 3-7. Move indoors and store in a cool room or basement.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormSolitary flowers born on short stems.
- Foliage TypeDeciduous, Smooth-Textured
- Soil RequirementNeeds a well-drained soil. Good drainage is essential
- Watering RequirementWater sparingly until the bulb develops a flower, then water regularly.
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Unique CharactersticsOne of the easiest and most beautiful hardy orchids! Diffucult to find (new on market), but not hard to grow. Gorgeous pink flowers are borne on short stems and last a long time. Usually 2 flowers/stem. Can be grown inside and outside. Also known as 'Windowsill Orchid'. This tells you that can be grown inside the home without too much trouble.
- Shipped9-11 CM BULB
- Height/Habit3 - 4 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.