Toad Lily Mix
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Late summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Toad Lily Mix
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameTricyrtis latifolia 'Blue Wonder' and 'Dark Beauty'
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant 3" deep in evenly moist, organically rich, slightly acidic soil. Water regularly to keep moist.
- Winter CareProvide a deep, loose winter mulch in more northern areas.
- Flower Color:blue, purple, white
- Flower FormOpen star shaped or bell shaped.
- Foliage TypeLadder-like leaves that alternate up slender stems. Medium to dark green with a glossy appearance.
- Soil RequirementPrefers a rich organic soil.
- PruningNone necessary.
- Additional InformationIn colder areas you may want to grow in a sheltered, warm, but not sunny area to encourage flowering before frosts.
- Unique Charactersticsperennials.com: Toad-lilies are exotic-looking and rewarding plants for late-season display in the shady garden. Native to the Himalayas to eastern Asia, they grow naturally at the edge of forests, preferring shade and rich, moist soil, hardy enough to handle the sudden changes of winter. This selection forms a compact mound of dark green leaves with long arching stems topped with white starfish-like flowers heavily spotted with blue-purple, appearing late summer and lasting into the fall. Outstanding in a woodland garden and in mixed containers destined for the shade. Deserves a special spot where it can be observed up close. Attractive to butterflies. Easy to grow and long-lived. Late to appear in spring.
- ShippedNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.