Makes a fragrant ground cover
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 inches
- Zone: 5-10
- Flowering Date: Mid summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Delicate-flavored herb is a favorite for seasoning meats, poultry, fish, vegetables or tea—and its leaves are very high in vitamin C. For best flavor, harvest right before it blooms in midsummer. A tough and reliable plant that can handle light foot traffic, thyme can also be used as a ground cover. Grows 8-10" tall with a 12-18" spread. Ships in 3" pot. Zones 5-10. Thymus vulgaris
Herbs are so rewarding and easy to grow—in herb gardens, containers or flower beds. When called for in a recipe, just snip a few leaves. Once you've enjoyed homegrown herbs in recipes, you'll never want to go back to store-bought herbs. Have extra herbs? Snip a few and make a fresh herb potpourri. Herbs can also be dried for winter-time use.
When you purchase herb plants from Spring Hill, they'll be delivered to you at the proper planting time—no more searching garden centers for the herbs you want.
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameThymus vulgaris
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-10
- Flowering DateMid summer
- Winter CareMulch heavily in colder climates.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormSmall lobed blooms.
- Foliage TypeSmall oval leaves.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, fertile soil.
- PruningNone necessary, except to harvest for use in cooking.
- Unique CharactersticsDelicate flavored herb for use in seasoning meats, poultry, fish, vegetables or tea. Best time to harvest is right before it blooms. Leaves of this plant are very high in vitamin C.
- Height/Habit8 - 10 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.