The Rising Sun™ Redbud
Spectacular color, perfect size
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 12 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early spring
We ship this item in Spring
The Rising Sun™ Redbud
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCercis canadensis 'JN2' PP#21,451
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 15 feet
- Spacing30 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly spring
- Planting InstructionsStake young plants.
- Winter CareYoung plants may need tree guard to protect from rabbit and deer damage.
- Flower Color:purple, pink
- Flower FormThe pea-shaped, rosy-lavender flowers are produced along the branches and on the trunk in early spring before leaves emerge.
- Foliage TypeDeciduous, heart shaped, thick leathery leaves are disease resistant. Young apricot-peach foliage is produced through the growing season.
- Soil RequirementWell drained soil with plenty of organic matter.
- PruningPrune to maintain form. Winter
- Unique CharactersticsThe lovely apricot-peach young foliage produced through the growing season is a nice contrast to the lime-green mature foliage. Excellent heat tolerance.
- Shipped2-3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit8 - 12 feet
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.