The Queen Jadwiga Clematis
Illuminates moon gardens
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 8 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
The Queen Jadwiga Clematis
Vine • Z4-9 • H6-8'xW3-4' • Late Spring to Late Summer • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Krolowa Jadwiga'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to late summer
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove most of the mulch in early spring, but keep 2-3" to keep the ground moist and shaded.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormLarge 6-8" blooms
- Foliage TypeMedium green, simple palmate to pinnate leaves arranged alternately and opposite on the stems.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, fertile, moisture-retentive soil.
- Unique Charactersticse-clematis.com: The latest Polish cultivar bred by Szczepan Marczynski with silky white round flat flowers, 15-16 cm across, composed of 8 oval tepals with slightly wavy edges and a prominent mid-rib. In spring, especially during cool weather, a greenish bar appears along the midrib. The stamens are handsomely arranged in a form of a crown of purple anthers contrasting with white filaments. It flowers from the end of May to September. The deep-green leaves are composed of three large oval leaflets. Attractive round seedheads. It attains the height of 2-2,5 m and attaches itself to the support by means of twining leaf petioles. Useful for growing on fences, arbours, trellises, poles and other garden supports. It can climb up natural supports such as deciduous and coniferous shrubs or dwarf shrubs that don't require hard pruning. It looks particularly lovely when growing against a dark background. Suitable for container-growing.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 8 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.