Summer Glow Tall Phlox Collection
Bring shimmering beauty to your garden
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 32 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Mid summer onwards
We ship this item in Spring
Summer Glow Tall Phlox Collection
Regal Tall Phlox still reign supreme as a focal point in the summer landscape. Adding beauty, fragrance and color to perennial gardens, these disease-resistant hybrid varieties are sure to become a cherished emblem of summer. Includes one each of Andre, Flamingo, Red Magic, David and Laura, PLUS 1 Orange Perfection. Add charm and elegance to your summer landscape with these disease-resistant hybrid varieties. Growing 24-40" tall, these classics are perfect for back borders. And, they're easy to grow and attract butterflies.
As a Preferred Customer, you can enjoy this time-honored beauty in your own garden with Spring Hill's exciting Summer Glow Tall Phlox Collection. Each of this collection includes:
Stunning variety sporting rich purple petals and a contrasting white, star-shaped eye.
Extra-large flower clusters of pure white stand out beautifully against bright green foliage. David was named the 2002 Perennial Plant of the Year by the Perennial Plant Association.
Vivid, dark red flower clusters liven up the summer garden and are sure to attract attention and compliments.
Brilliant blooms of hot, tropical pink with a darker pink center put on a spectacular summer show.
A delicate hue of fade-resistant sky blue adds striking beauty to borders and gardens.
FREE BONUS! Orange Perfection
A Phlox unlike any other! Orange Perfection blazes from midsummer onward with profuse, flared trumpets of sizzling orange with bright red eyes. The blooms form dense, pyramidal panicles 5-8" in size. Flowering can be extended even longer by removing spent flower heads. Grows 24-40" tall and spreads 18-24". You get 1 FREE with each Summer Glow Tall Phlox Collection you order—a $14.95 catalog value!
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure6
- Botanical NamePhlox paniculata
- Ships As#1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 26 inches
- Spacing18 - 26 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateMid summer onwards
- Planting InstructionsPlant firmly, set the buds 1" - 2" deep and water thoroughly
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first year if fall planted. Remove early in spring before growth starts
- Flower Color:red, orange, blue, purple, pink, white, mixed
- Flower FormIndividual, flared trumpet-shaped flowers form dense pyramidal panicles 6" - 8" in size
- Foliage Type2" - 5" long, lanceolate, dark green
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads After flowering
- Additional InformationCollection includes: Andre Tall Phlox, Flamingo Tall Phlox, Red Magic Tall Phlox, David Tall Phlox, Laura Tall Phlox, Orange Perfection Tall Phlox
- Shipped#1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit30 - 32 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast once established, which takes approximately 3 - 4 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.