Long flowering season
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 5 - 8 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to early fall
We ship this item in Spring
Shrub •Z5-9 •H5-8''xW5-6' •Midsummer to Early Fall •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCalycanthus floridus 'Aphrodite'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 - 6 feet
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMidsummer to early fall
- Planting InstructionsGive plenty of space, but plant in an area where you can enjoy the sweet fragrance. Set at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareApply organic mulch to maintain soil moisture.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower Form1 1/2 - 2" across with numerous deep red magnolia-like petals.
- Foliage TypeDeciduous, lustrous, dark green, glossy foliage. Oval to oblong, 5 - 6" long. Very bold, golden-yellow fall color.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, organically rich, moisture retentive soil.
- PruningPrune to keep plants neat and tidy by removing dead or damaged branches. After flowering.
- Additional InformationUnique form of a superb native shrub. Locate near a door or pathway to best enjoy its fragrance.
- Unique CharactersticsPW: A new, improved calycanthus with large, bright red magnolia-like flowers. Unlike 'Hartlage Wine' it is very fragrant: a sweet, apple-like scent. This rebloomer has nice, glossy foliage, too.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit5 - 8 feet
- Growth RateModerate to fast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.