Pink Astilbe Super Bag
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 20 - 40 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early to mid summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Astilbe Super Bag
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure8
- Botanical NameAstilbe japonica 'Peach Blossom'
- Ships As1-2 EYE BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly to mid summer
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareProvide a mulch the first winter, especially if fall planted.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormSpikes 20 - 40" tall, plume-like panicles of masses of small individual flowers
- Foliage TypeDark Green compound leaves - leaflets ovate to oblong - doubly serrate.
- Soil RequirementFertile, organic soil, that retains moisture but not soggy.
- Watering RequirementNeed plenty of moisture. Do not let dry out.
- PruningMay want to remove spent flower stems. Can divide after a year or two.
- Additional InformationGood planted with Lady, Maidenhair or Japanese Painted Ferns, Hosta varieties.
- Unique CharactersticsBlossom color, attractive delicate fern-like foliage. Perfect perennial to dress up a shaded area. Looks great planted with hostas. The flower plumes also make good cutflowers.
- Shipped1-2 EYE BAREROOT
- Height/Habit20 - 40 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.