Sunburst Ruby Penstemon
Long season of bloom
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 15 - 18 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Sunburst Ruby Penstemon
Perennial •Z5-9 •H15-18"xW15-18" •Mid to Late Summer •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePenstemon mexicali 'Sunburst Ruby'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Spacing15 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer
- Winter CareWhere marginally hardy, provide a winter mulch.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormFunnel or tubular shaped flowers on terminal racemes.
- Foliage TypeNarrow and glossy dark green foliage.
- Soil RequirementWell drained soil in a sunny location.
- PruningRemoving spent flower stems will ensure a repeat blooming. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsBring color to your late winter, early spring garden or landscape before most flowers are willing to show themselves. They will enjoy a rest is the hot summer months and will spring back when the weather cools again in early fall, ready to give you a second burst of color. These sturdy, well branched plants compliment spring flowering bulbs beautifully and are very attractive planted with garden mums in the fall.
- Height/Habit15 - 18 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.