Summer Skies™ Butterfly Bush
Unique variegated foliage
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 5 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Summer Skies™ Butterfly Bush
Shrub •Z5-9 •H4-5'xW4-5' •Early to Late Summer •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameBuddleia 'Summer Skies'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI OR PR WA
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly to late summer
- Planting InstructionsFull sun for at least four to six hours. Plant firmly and set crowns just below soil level in nothern climates. Water in well.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormHuge, gray-blue flowers attract pollinators throughout the season
- Foliage TypeGreen and white variegated foliage
- Soil RequirementAdaptable to a wide range of soil types and growing conditions
- PruningLittle to no pruning needed to have beautiful flowers
- Unique CharactersticsPW: A high-drama plant for the summer garden, its soft violet-blue flowers contrast beautifully with the bright yellow and white variegated foliage. This is a highly stable variety which is resistant to scorching. Cold, wet winters can be really hard on buddleia, so here are a few tips to help your buddleia thrive in your garden:1. Make sure the soil is well-drained. That place where the plow truck dumps snow in the winter? Not a good idea.2. Full sun. That's at least 6 hours. No cheating.3. Plant early in the season. This gives the plants all summer and fall to establish. Fall planting can be chancy in northern regions.4. Wait until it leafs out in spring before pruning. In some years you may have to prune it back to the ground. After milder winters, maybe not so much. Avoid fall pruning.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.