Tristan Everbearing Strawberry
Perfect for hanging baskets & containers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 12 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Tristan Everbearing Strawberry
Delight in showy, deep pink blossoms and small, sweet strawberries all summer long. This compact strawberry plant adds beauty to containers, raised beds and hanging baskets—and butterflies and pollinators will love it. Fragaria ananassa 'Tristan'
More and more gardeners are including strawberry plants in their edible garden and containers. They're a fun choice to use as a center piece on a picnic table or patio table. Guests can delight in Tristan's showy, pink blooms and enjoy sweet, tasty strawberries.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameFragaria ananassa 'Tristan'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread20 - 25 inches
- Spacing20 - 25 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsSet with crowns just below soil level, firm well and water in thoroughly
- Winter CareA light mulch around the crowns, remove in early spring before growth starts
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormBright magenta pink blossoms with a diameter of 1", in clusters; flower looks like a small wild rose
- Foliage TypeDark green, lobed with serrated edges.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus-enriched soil.
- Watering RequirementAverage Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
- PruningNone n/a
- Unique CharactersticsShowy deep pink blossoms and small sweet fruit adorn this beautifully compact ornamental plant - perfect for patios or containers. They provide delicious fruit all summer long.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit12 inches
- Growth RateFast once established
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.