Long flowering season on compact plant
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 8 - 12 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Perennial •Z5-9 •H8-12"xW12-18" •Early Summer to Early Fall •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCoreopsis 'Starlight' PPAF
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Flower Color:red, white
- Flower FormShowy and high performing
- Foliage TypeGreen shades
- Unique CharactersticsFrom Perennial Resource: Especially large, white flowers with a burgundy star-shaped eye are produced for several months beginning in early summer, with the eye expanding to cover more of the petal surface in cooler temperatures. Since the flowers are sterile, they just keep on coming all season long without the need for deadheading.This plant forms a compact mound of medium green foliage that is highly mildew resistant. A midseason shearing will keep it looking its best all season.If you've been pleased with the performance of Big Bang™ Coreopsis like 'Mercury Rising', you might also like to try the Li'l Bang™ series from the same breeder, master hybridizer Darrell Probst. These naturally compact cultivars exhibit the same great disease resistance and long bloom time (commencing a bit earlier than the Big Bangs) but measure in at about half the height. They are the perfect size for container gardening, rock gardens, and the front of the border.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit8 - 12 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.