Stained Glass Hosta
Small hosta with huge presence
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 15 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: August
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Stained Glass Hosta
Perennial • Z3-9 • H15"xW32" • Late Summer • Shade-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHosta 'Stained Glass'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 feet
- Spacing4 feet
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateAugust
- Planting InstructionsVery shade tolerant plants that enjoy moist, humus rich soil. Morning sun with afternoon shade is the best location.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter if fall planted
- Flower FormNarrow funnel-shaped flowers on scapes up to 30" - 36" tall.
- Foliage Type9" long by 7" wide medium gold center with 1" wide green margin
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus rich garden soil.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems After flowering
- Additional InformationAmerican Hosta Grower's Association 2006 Hosta of the year
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: A sport of H. 'Guacamole' Huge, 10.5" long, brilliant gold leaves with wide, dark green margins Variegation appears early in the season and prominent veins throughout give it the look of "stained glass" Large, fragrant, pale lavender flowers appear on 30" scapes in late summer Exhibits greater sun tolerance
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit15 inches
- Growth RateModerate once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.