Sombrero® Salsa Red Coneflower
Sizzling color and fragrant blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Sombrero® Salsa Red Coneflower
Perennial • Z4-9 •H24-26"xW16-22" • Early to Late Summer • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameEchinacea Sombrero® 'Balsomsed', PP#23,105
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread16 - 22 inches
- Spacing16 - 22 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly to late summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant the crown 1'' deep. In a sunny spot in well drained soil.
- Winter CareMulch the first winter
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormFull blooms with orange-brown cones
- Foliage TypeThick lance shaped leaves and strong stems
- Soil RequirementMoist well drained soil. Once established it is drought tolerant.
- PruningYou can cut seeds heads after blooming for a tidy look, or leave them through the winter as a food source for birds.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: SOMBRERO® Echinaceas are evenly matched for habit and timing, making them a breeze in production. They are all very well-branched, sturdy plants that bulk up quickly, do not require vernalization to bloom, and are loaded with buds for a vibrant show of color.SOMBRERO® Salsa Red produces softly fragrant, spicy orange-red blossoms with an orange-brown cone. The petals overlap, giving the flowers a fuller, more polished look. They are freely produced from early through late summer.Praised for their cheerful brightly colored flowers, coneflowers are a mainstay in today's garden. Be sure to leave some spent blooms on the plants in the fall because their seeds provide winter food for finches and other birds. The dried seed heads also provide architectural interest in the winter.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.