Silver Lace Purple Primrose
Early color for mixed containers
- Sun Exposure: Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 10 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late Spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Silver Lace Purple Primrose
Perennial •Z5-9 •H10"x W10" •Mid to Late Spring •Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePrimula elatior 'Silver Lace Purple'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 feet
- Spacing10 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid to late Spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant in light shade for best result.
- Winter CareGoes dormant in colder zones. Mulch in colder zones.
- Flower Color:purple, white
- Flower FormRound flower heads form terminal clusters. Flowers have small petals
- Foliage TypeOval to lance shaped green basal leaves. Strong stems
- Soil RequirementWell drained evemly moist soil. Humus enriched.
- PruningNone, except to remove spent flower stems to tidy up the plants.
- Additional InformationIntroduced by JELITTO PERENNIAL SEEDS in 2009
- Unique CharactersticsJelitto: Thick clumps and very decorative purple blooms with silver margins. Lovely flower colors and compact habit useful for mixed containers. Early spring flowering.
- Height/Habit10 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.