Shirazz Japanese Maple
Color changes with the seasons
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 10 - 15 feet
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Shirazz Japanese Maple
Vase-shaped tree with graceful, arching branches provides brilliantly colored foliage from spring to fall. Its deeply lobed, elongated leaves emerge crimson red in the spring, and change to white, cream, pink and green hues during the summer months. In the fall, the tree looks ablaze with crimson and scarlet foliage. Growing 10-15' tall with a 15-18' spread, Shirazz is an ideal tree for planting as a focal point, in a woodland garden or near water features. It prefers well-drained soil. While the Shirazz Japanese Maple grows quickly when young, its growth slows as it matures. Shirazz, an introduction from New Zealand, requires very little pruning to maintain its shape. Acer palmatum 'Shirazz'
Tree • Z5-8 • H10-15'xW15-18' /• Sun-Part Shade
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAcer palmatum 'Shirazz'
- Ships AsTREE BAND POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 18 feet
- Spacing15 - 18 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateSpring
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate roots without bending them. Firm well and water thoroughly
- Winter CareNot needed
- Flower Forminsignificant
- Foliage TypeDeeply lobed and quite elongated
- Soil RequirementAny well drained soil
- PruningVery little pruning is need to maintain a beautiful specimen; only remove poorly developed branches, dead wood or broken limbs.
- Unique CharactersticsBloom River Gardens: Leaves emerge in spring a crimson-red maturing to colors ranging from white and cream to pinks and greens. Fall color returns to crimson and scarlet. Fast growing when young matures to a vase-shaped tree with graceful arching branches. An introduction from New Zealand.
- ShippedTREE BAND POT
- Height/Habit10 - 15 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.