Shima-Nishiki Tree Peony
A classic, bold and unique
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 5 feet
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: April-May
We ship this item in Spring
Shima-Nishiki Tree Peony
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePaeonia suffruticosa 'Shima-Nishiki'
- Ships As5" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 inches
- Spacing4 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateApril-May
- Winter CareNone special, a mulch could be a good idea in the coldest zones the first winters
- Flower FormSemi double, 7-9" across
- Foliage Typedeeply cut into large pointed lobes
- Soil Requirementwell-drained soil
- PruningTrim as desired for shaping, otherwise not necessary. Flower buds form on old wood. Any pruning should be done in late winter to early spring.
- Unique CharactersticsShima-Nishiki is Japanese for Fire Flame. A uniquely colored Tree Peony. Large firery-red with white, semi double flowers. Imported directly from Japan by Spring Hill. Very long-lived; they will bloom for a lifetime!
- Shipped5" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth Rateslow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.