Unusual bicolor flowers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 10 - 13 feet
- Zone: 4-7
- Flowering Date: Early to mid spring.
We ship this item in Spring
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameSyringa vulgaris 'Sensation'
- Type of Fruitn/a
- Ships As4'' POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 feet
- Spacing6 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-7
- Flowering DateEarly to mid spring.
- Planting InstructionsSet at same soil level as in container, firm and water well.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter if fall planted.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormEnormous, tall, trusses 8" - 10" + of single flowers.
- Foliage TypeSlightly bluish-green, glabrous, heart shaped leaves 4" - 5" long.
- Pruning TimeAfter flowering
- FragranceVery, intense.
- ResistanceGood to P & D problems, somewhat susceptible to mildew
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched.
- PruningOnly to maintain shape. Lilacs can easily be trimmed to a shorter height. After flowering
- Additional InformationIt improves the looks of the plant to remove spent flower heads
- Unique CharactersticsVery colorful and showy. Very floriferous once established.An outstanding lilac noted for its large trusses of purplish-red florets edged in white. Mid-season bloomer typically flowers in mid-May. Branches are erect and open with rich green foliage. Deciduous.
- Shipped4'' POT
- Height/Habit10 - 13 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.