Sea Foam Camellia
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCamellia japonica 'Sea Foam'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 10 feet
- Spacing6 - 10 feet
- Hardiness Zone7-10
- Flowering DateLate fall through early spring
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormComparatively flat flowers with many rows of petals, slightly ruffled.
- Foliage TypeMedium green fleshy leaves with serrated edges.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained soil
- Watering RequirementKeep soil moist but do not over water.
- Unique CharactersticsAlmostedenplants: Sea Foam is one of the most beautiful and vigorous white Camellia Japonica hybrids of the last 100 years producing medium to large pure white, fully double, perfect form Camellias with elegantly cupped petals in mid to late season. Exquisite! It has an upright to rounded growth habit with large, rich dark green, glossy foliage. To learn more about how this Camellia was nearly lost to history and how the efforts of Bobby Green and the good people at Green's Nursery in Fairhope, Alabama saved it click here. Images courtesy of Green Nurseries, all rights reserved. Camellias are the rose of winter in southern gardens, with their colorful blossoms held against deep rich green glossy foliage on a naturally upright to rounded evergreen shrub. Pick the flowers and float them in a bowl of water to bring their beauty indoors. Camellias prefer an acidic, humus rich soil with an organic mulch and average moisture. Once well-established they need little additional care and will continue to perform for years to come. Most Camellias do best where they get light shade or morning sun and the light filtered shade of pines seems to be perfect.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit10 - 15 feet
- Growth RateSlow to Moderate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.