Scott's Black Fig
Exceptionally flavored fruit; impressive disease resistance.
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 15 - 25 feet
- Zone: 7-11
We ship this item in Spring
Scott's Black Fig
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameFicus 'Scott's Black'
- Ships As#1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 25 feet
- Spacing15 - 25 feet
- Hardiness Zone7-11
- Planting InstructionsPlace the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
- Winter CareMove indoors to a frost free location if your winter temperatures go below 0 degrees F each winter.
- Flower Formnot noticable
- Foliage Type5 lobed medium green
- Additional InformationKnown for its blackish-purple skin with a strawberry colored center. 'Black Mission' Fig has a wonderful flavor that is very distinct.
- Unique CharactersticsHenry Fields: A release from Louisiana State University, this disease-resistant tree produces exceptionally flavored fruit with lots of sugars and acids and an intense fig taste. Can be grown in the landscape or containers. Exceptional flavor- described as pronounced intense 'fig' flavor with lots of sugars and acids. Beautiful appearance. Enjoy luscious, juicy figs right out of your own backyard!
- Shipped#1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit15 - 25 feet
- Growth RateVigourus grower
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.