Black Scallop Bugleweed
Near-black ground cover
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 3 - 6 inches
- Zone: 4-10
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Black Scallop Bugleweed
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAjuga reptans 'Black Scallop'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 feet
- Spacing36 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-10
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsIn full sun the foliage will get darker.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower Form8 - 10'' high spikes with small flowers.
- Foliage TypeVery dark-purple to black leaves. Thick texture and shiny surfaced leaves. Leaves have scalloped edges. Low growing, ground covering. Evergreen in warmer zones
- Soil RequirementMoist soil.
- PruningWhen desired cutting back long branches after flowering is possible. After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: This attractive small-scale groundcover has glossy, near-black, scalloped leaves and a dense habit. The deepest foliage color is achieved when plants are sited in full sun and in cooler temperatures. From mid to late spring, short (4-6") spikes of deep blue flowers stand upright above the low, spreading foliage. The effect is stunning when planted en masse.'Black Scallop' PP15815 tends to spread more slowly and stay naturally compact compared to other kinds of Ajuga, making it suitable for use as an edging. It also fits nicely into rock gardens and mixed container plantings. It is reported to be resistant to powdery mildew.A. reptans is an evergreen groundcover that can grow in the shade of large trees where grass is hard to establish. Unlike many perennials that are grown only for their flowers, ajuga is prized for its attractive, colorful foliage that looks nice all year.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit3 - 6 inches
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.