Butterfly Blue Scabiosa
Blooms spring to autumn!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 12 - 15 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Spring to fall. (April to frost)
We ship this item in Spring
Butterfly Blue Scabiosa
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameScabiosa 'Butterfly Blue'
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI ID PR
- Spread12 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateSpring to fall. (April to frost)
- Planting InstructionsProtect from excessive winter moisture. Good drainage is important.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormSingle, pincushion like center 2-2 1/2" blooms.
- Foliage TypeBasal rosette in medium green.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, light, fertile soil.
- Additional InformationRegistered in United Kingdom
- Unique CharactersticsThis pincushion flower cultivar is a compact, clump-forming perennial which typically grows only 12-15" tall. Long and profuse bloom from late April until frost. Blooms almost all year in mild winter climates. Flowers (2" diameter) feature an outer ring of frilly, flat, lavender-blue petals and a paler domed center cushion with protruding stamens (resembling pins in a pincushion). Flowers bloom singly on stiff stems. Finely cut, grayish-green basal leaves. Dwarfing habit and lengthy bloom period make these excellent plants for grouping or massing in border fronts and rock gardens. Can be used as edging. Attractive when combined with the pink-flowered companion plant Scabiosa 'Pink Mist'.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit12 - 15 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.