Salvia for Cutting Mix
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 8-10
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Salvia for Cutting Mix
Delight in carefree early color with this drought-tolerant annual salvia. It's a perfect annual for the cutting garden or the sunny perennial border. Its small, purple and white, tube-shaped flowers bloom from early summer to fall. Butterflies and hummingbirds won't be able to resist these blooms. Its flowers are good for cutting and easy to dry. Simply hang them upside to dry. Plant in full sun. Grows 18-24" tall with a 24-28" spread. Annual. Ships in 3" pots. Salvia farinacea 'Seascape Mixed'
Like to decorate your home with fresh flower bouquets? Enjoy giving pretty cut flowers to friends? Grow annual flowers in your cutting garden. Annual salvia is not always found in garden centers. When you purchase annual flowers from Spring Hill, they'll be delivered to you at the proper planting time-no more searching garden centers for hard-to-find annuals.
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameSalvia farinacea 'Seascape Mixed'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 28 inches
- Spacing24 - 28 inches
- Hardiness Zone8-10
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough so that the roots can spread out evenly. Plant the crown of the plant at the soil level. Firm soil around the roots and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch the first year, after the ground freezes, for protection against freezing and thawing temperatures that could cause the plant to heave from the ground, exposing its roots.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormSmall tube-shaped flowers bloom on 20-24" spikes.
- Foliage TypeLong-spikey ovate foliage
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, average garden soil.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to keep the plant tidy. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsButterflies and hummingbirds won't be able to resist these vibrant, purple and white blooms! These cheerful flowers add bright color early to sunny perennial borders from late spring to fall. S
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.