Rio Carnival Lenten Rose
Bright color for late winter
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late winter through mid spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Rio Carnival Lenten Rose
Perennial •Z4-9 •H18-24"xW18-24" •Late Winter to Mid Spring •Shade-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHelleborus 'Rio Carnival'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate winter through mid spring
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container. Firm and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch the first winter if fall planted. Remove early in the late winter-early spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:yellow, purple, mixed
- Flower FormLarge 3" single flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy green leathery leaves divided into 7 to 9 toothed leaflets. Evergreen in warmer climates.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, moist retentive soil for best results.
- PruningOnly to remove old damaged or brown foliage.
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: You've enjoyed the double-flowered Hellebores of the Wedding Party series, try the equally lovely single-flowered selections of the HONEYMOON™ Series from Walters Gardens, Inc. hybridizer Hans Hansen. In his breeding work, he selects for plants with notable vigor, showy floral displays with large numbers of blossoms per plant, and rich flower colors.Helleborus 'Rio Carnival' bears 2.5-3", single light yellow flowers with heavy burgundy red speckling.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate once established which takes approximately 6-8 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.