Heirloom perennial perfect for edible landscape
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 30 - 40 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Crimson stalks and superior tart flavor makes this heirloom perennial a favorite for generations of gardeners. It produces loads of thick and tender stalks that are favored in desserts, pies and other recipes. Victoria's tart flavor partners perfect with strawberries. An easy-care plant, it has little trouble with pests, is disease resistant and cold hardy. It prefers a sunny location with well-drained soil. To extend the rhubarb season, pull off the entire stem when harvesting and cut off the flower stalks when they appear. Ships in 3" pot. Rheum rhabarbarum 'Victoria'
Z3-8 • H30-40"xW30-40" • Summer • Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRheum rhabarbarum 'Victoria'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread30 - 40 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid to late summer
- Planting InstructionsThrives best in regions with cool, moist summers and winters cold enough to freeze to a depth of several inches.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormFlower stalks can reach up to 6' tall with small greenish white to red flowers.
- Foliage TypeWide, ruffled leaves and bright red stalks.
- Soil RequirementAny deep, well-drained, fertile soil.
- Additional InformationOnly the leaf stakes are edible. Do not eat the leaf blades, as they are poisonous.
- Unique CharactersticsBroad stalks that have crimson on the inside. Thick and tender. Tart to the taste. Reliably hardy. Heavy commercial producer.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit30 - 40 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.