Red Colonnade Apple
Apple trees for the patio!
- Height/Habit: 6 feet
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Mid spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Red Colonnade Apple
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMalus red apple
- Type of FruitRound red apples
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 - 6 feet
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateMid spring
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Firm well and water in thoroughly.
- Winter CareNone special, except if you choose to plant your tree in a patio pot. You would need to move the container to an unheated garage. Withhold fertilizer and water just enough to keep the soil slightly moist.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSingle petaled blooms with showy stamens.
- Foliage TypeOval downy leaves.
- Pruning TimeDecember - February
- Soil RequirementWell drained fertile soil.
- Additional InformationCan be pollinated by a neighboring apple tree or crabapple tree. Full flavored fruit should appear approximately 16 - 18 months after planting. May need some type of support because of the weight of the fruit. Fruit begins ripening in early to fall.
- Unique CharactersticsYou can create the wildflower garden you've always wanted and for a fraction of the price! This mixed bag of perennials has a minimum catalog value of $39.99. But you'll pay only a fraction of that! You'll love these favored varieties from the start, and they will return year after year for your enjoyment. We've selected some of our best-performing, most-loved varieties to include in this special mix of native wildflowers. Blooming from summer onward, you will enjoy these flowers as much as the butterflies do! They are also great to cut and add to a lively bouquet.
- Shipped2-3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit6 feet
- Growth RateSlow to moderate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.