Red Meidiland® Groundcover Rose
Blooms and blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Late spring to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Red Meidiland® Groundcover Rose
This hardy red rose has stood the test of time—and it is tops when it comes to bloom production and bright color. An arching rose, it covers the ground and is ideal for slopes and rock gardens. But what makes this disease-resistant rose truly spectacular is its heavily petaled, 3" red blooms with white eyes that cover the plant and pop against the glossy, green foliage. Fuss-free groundcover roses spread vigorously over slopes and banks and bloom continually all season—and Red Meidiland doesn't disappoint. It also tolerates the cold better than many other rose varieties. Bareroot. Rosa 'MEIneble'
Z4-10 • H24"xW36-48"• Late Spring to Fall • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRosa cv. 'MEIneble'
- Ships As#1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ GU HI IN NJ PR
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateLate spring to fall
- Winter CareMulch heavily around the base of the plant, after the ground freezes. Remove most of the mulch in early spring, before new growth emerges.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormHeavily petaled, 40 plus; old rose form
- Foliage TypeGlossy deep green, pointed ovoid
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil.
- PruningPrune to shape in early spring. Remove any dead or damaged branches. Self cleaning petals drop and new buds appear without pruning.
- Additional InformationRoses prefer a thorough watering but do not like 'wet feet'. Water early in the day to avoid wet conditions into the night which can cause issues with fungus and disease.
- Unique CharactersticsAn excellent groundcover rose that actually prefers cold climates. Dark glossy, green leaves frame the huge clusters of bright red blooms brilliantly. Ideal for rock gardens, containers, or hanging baskets.
- Shipped#1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit24 inches
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||4/16/18 - 6/1/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/1/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/1/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/1/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/1/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 6/1/18|
|9A - 10B||1/22/18 - 6/1/18|
|Last Order Date||May 28th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.