Purple Sensation Allium
Carefree and Rewarding!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Purple Sensation Allium
ALLIUMS: Carefree and rewarding! Lilac purple flowerheads, 10 cm wide on 60-90 cm stems. Excellent cut flowers, blooming in May.
Alliums offer a wide diversity of color, height, and blooming times. They will tolerate poor garden soil; once established they will naturalize easily. Alliums are resistant to deer. They make excellent cut flowers.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure5
- Botanical NameAllium aflatunense 'Purple Sensation'
- Ships As10-12 CM
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI ID PR WA
- Spread6 - 9 inches
- Spacing6 - 9 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant bulbs 4 - 6" deep.
- Winter Carenone special
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormDense, spherical umbel 4" wide
- Foliage TypeBasal leaves are strap-shaped, up to 4" broad and die away soon after blooming.
- Soil RequirementWill grow in just about any well drained soil.
- Additional InformationAllium possess oniony smelling flowers and foliage.
- Unique CharactersticsOne of the taller Alliums, it is an attention getting accent in the garden. Unusual and attractive in floral arrangements and can be used as dried flowers as well.
- Shipped10-12 CM
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth Rategood
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.