Purple Passion Flower Vine
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 8-10
- Flowering Date: Summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Purple Passion Flower Vine
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePassiflora edulis
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing24 inches
- Hardiness Zone8-10
- Flowering DateSummer
- Planting InstructionsSet crown just below soil level, firm and water in well
- Winter CareIn climates where temperature goes below 20 degrees F, trim back hard and bring inside for winter months. Treat as a house plant.
- Flower Color:purple, white
- Flower Form2-3" bowl-shaped blooms with long petals and exotic frilly coronas.
- Foliage TypeOval bright green leaves with sword like edges
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched
- PruningAs a a general rule remove all weak growth and cut back vigorous growth by at least one third. Late fall
- Unique CharactersticsMiniature evergreen is noted for its red cones. Makes an excellent speciman plant. Slow growing - only 2" a year. Attracts a wide range of birds including chickadees, goldfinch, nuthatch.
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.