Pristine Apple SD
Early-ripening, gorgeous yellow apple
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 14 - 16 feet
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Ripens in early October. Take 2-5 years to bear fruit.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Pristine Apple SD
Lemon yellow apple with moderate blush glows in the summer sun-and tastes delicious in apple pie and other desserts. Named Pristine because of its attractive, golden skin, this apple has a sweet-tart flavor and excellent crisp texture. It's the perfect apple for creating desserts, including the classic apple pie. This early apple ripens in July, weeks before many other varieties-and its excellent storage quality means it maintains it texture for up to six weeks in refrigerated storage. Pristine exhibits good disease resistance, so you'll enjoy lots of attractive, tasty apples. While not necessary, for optimum harvest you may choose to pollinate with Goldrush, McIntosh, Gala, Enterprise, Pixie Crunch or most crabapples. SD 2-3' bareroot. Malus domestica 'Pristine' PP9881
Fruit Tree • Z5-8 • H6'xW4' • Fruit Ripens in Summer o Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMalus domestica 'Pristine'
- Ships AsLI'L BIG 2-3'
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 14 feet
- Spacing12 - 14 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateRipens in early October. Take 2-5 years to bear fruit.
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole deep and wide enough to accommodate the roots without having to bend them. Firm soil around the roots and water thoroughly.
- Flower Color:white
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, fertile soil.
- PruningRemove any suckers coming from the rootstock. Remove any crossed, crowed or inward growing limbs in late winter or very early spring.
- Additional InformationFruit is yellow over green, round and medium in size. Texture is firm and juicy with a pleasant, sweet-tart flavor.
- Unique CharactersticsIntroduced in 1994 from Purdue, this is a high quality early season apple. Widely adaptable, due to it's early ripening time, Pristine avoids the collection of so-called Summer diseases (such as sooty blotch and fly speck).
- ShippedLI'L BIG 2-3'
- Height/Habit14 - 16 feet
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.