Exhibition Blue Primrose
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 8 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Mid spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Exhibition Blue Primrose
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePrimula pubescens 'Exhibition Blau'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 8 inches
- Spacing6 - 8 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateMid spring
- Planting InstructionsPrimrose generally prefer cool summers. Plant in a location which provides afternoon shade.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormRosette of small blooms.
- Foliage TypeEvergreen to semi-evergreen, leathery, obovate to paddle shaped to 4" long. Light to mid green.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- Additional InformationCross of P. auriculas x P. hirsuta. Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.
- Unique CharactersticsConsidered to be the most carefree, pest resistant type of Primula to grow, this species looks quite different than the 'Pacific Hybrids' and others with rugose foliage. Members of the Exhibition Series have very smooth, leathery, paddle-shaped leaves that form very flat rosettes which hug the ground. Rounded clusters of flowers stand at attention above the foliage atop stout stems in spring. They are noticeably fragrant when cut for fresh bouquets. This mixed seed strain produces flowers in a broad array of blue, purple, red-violet, yellow, and cream shades, with a prominent yellow or white eye. In coastal climates, this plant reportedly blooms sporadically all season long if deadheaded.This plant is listed as hardy to zone 4, though some people may find it to be more cold hardy in their climate. Primula pubescens is a cross between P. auricula x P. rubra.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 8 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.