Polkadot Polly Foxglove
Extended bloom season
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 36 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Polkadot Polly Foxglove
Perennial •Z4-9 •H30-36"'xW18-24" •Early Summer to Fall •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameDigitalis hybrida Polkadot Polly
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormLarge, tall clusters of bell-like blossoms
- Foliage TypeLarge, green, matte
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, acidic to neutral soil
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: Foxglove is a classic and popular cottage garden perennial, but if it has one fault it's that it typically only blooms once in early summer. Members of this collection of perennial foxgloves all have sterile flowers, so they have an incredibly long bloom time from early summer through early fall. And since they don't self-seed, you won't have to worry about finding seedlings popping up throughout your garden. The well-branched, bushy plants have a uniform habit and evenly spaced flowers all around the stems. They create a colorful show of deep pinkish apricot flowers in the garden all season long, especially when planted en masse. Digitalis forms large rosettes of downy, green, oblong leaves from which numerous flower spikes emerge. It looks especially nice when planted along fences, at the wood's edge, or in large containers.
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.