Poker Face Kniphofia
A Spring Hill exclusive
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 18 - 20 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Poker Face Kniphofia
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameKniphofia 'Poker Face'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Spacing15 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly to late summer
- Planting InstructionsAvoid windy areas and wet winter conditions that may cause the rhizomatous roots to rot.
- Winter CareOne of the best winter hardy kniphofia still best to mulch newly planted plants for the first winter.
- Flower Color:orange, yellow
- Flower FormIndividual tubular flowers clustered around the top of each stem in a narrow spike.
- Foliage TypeSword shaped gray-green leaves.
- Soil RequirementRich well drained soil.
- PruningTo remove spent flower spikes. After flowering.
- Unique Charactersticshomedesigndirectory.com.au: Kniphofia 'Poker Face' is an Australian bred plant that originates from South Africa, with dramatic spikes of orange and yellow flowers that appear at regular intervals throughout the warmer months. Kniphofia is a clump-forming perennial plant that is low maintenance, and has few pests and diseases. Drought tolerant once established, they will perform better with regular watering and feeding. Good drainage will help to prevent crown rot.
- Height/Habit18 - 20 inches
- Growth RateSlow to moderate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.