- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 12 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Late summer to fall
We ship this item year-round.
- Season Year-round
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCeratostigma plumbaginoides
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter Caremulch in the coldest zones
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower Form5-petaled blue flowers that resemble woodland phlox.
- Foliage TypeOval, shiny, medium green leaves that turn bronze-red in fall.
- Soil RequirementMoist, organic, rich
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Additional InformationPlant spreads by rhizomes and can be somewhat aggressive.
- Unique CharactersticsVery reliable groundcover that provides bloom color in late summer and very striking bronze-red foliage color in fall. Plumbago is great for rock gardens, containers, or companion plants for larger shrubs or perennials.
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 12 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.