Pink Pom Poms Redbud
Branches crowded with double blossoms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 20 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Pom Poms Redbud
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCercis x 'Pink Pom Poms'
- Ships As3-4' BR
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 feet
- Spacing15 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly spring
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower Formintermediate lavender pink flowers borne on bare stems in early spring. Profuse flowering and low pod set.
- Foliage TypeDeciduous, large heart shaped green foliage
- Soil RequirementWell drained soil
- PruningMinimal pruning is needed in late winter or early spring.
- Additional InformationYou can train this tree to grow taller by attaching the leader (uppermost limb) to a stake when it is young and pliable.
- Unique CharactersticsPleasant Run Nursery: 'Pink Pom Poms' Redbud is another beautiful introduction from the work of Dr Dennis Werner of NCSU and Alex Neubauer of Hidden Hollow Nursery. The double flowered Cercis c. 'Flame' was crossed with Cercis r. Oklahoma, resulting in much bigger, showier double dark pink to purple flowers. When in bloom in April and May, 'Pink Pom Poms' is absolutely breath taking, and the huge flower display is not followed by seedpods because the blooms are completely sterile. The green heart-shaped leaves appear after the blooms, and are glossy and attractive.
- Shipped3-4' BR
- Height/Habit20 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.