Pink Truffles Baptisia
Novel new color in baptisia
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 36 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Truffles Baptisia
An improvement on the native perennial, Pink Truffles Baptisia has clear soft pink blossoms with a pale yellow keel and a more compact, shorter habit. Part of the DECADENCE® Series, it is the result of a complex hybridizing project for breeder Hans Hansen. He collected native baptisia species across Texas and Oklahoma, made countless crosses, and selected the most unique colors and plant habits for this new series.
With its spiky habit, Pink Truffles looks good planted with peonies, bleeding hearts and other spring bloomers. It's also right at home in wildflower gardens, on hillsides and in informal borders. While deer tend to avoid it, butterflies flock to it. The plants are very long-lived, easy to grow and thrive with little maintenance. Bareroot. Baptisia Decadence® 'Pink Truffles' PP26588 PW
Perennial •Z4-9 •H30-36"xW30-36" •Late Spring •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameBaptisia Decadence® 'Pink Truffles' Pat. 26,588
- Ships As#1 BR
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread30 - 36 inches
- Spacing30 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant in an informal border, hillside or wildflower garden.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormPea-like flowers arranged up sturdy flower stems. Looks somewhat like a lupine flower stem.
- Foliage TypeGray green stems with 3-palmate leaves in a blue green color.
- Soil RequirementNot particular about soil requirements.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to maintain neat appearance or leave on to enjoy black seed pods which can be useful in cut flower arrangements.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: A novel new color in Baptisia! Clear soft pink blossoms with a pale yellow keel are produced in late spring, the perfect compliment to peonies, bleeding hearts, and other spring bloomers. Its compact, shorter habit makes it easy to fit into any gardenBaptisia is easy to grow and will thrive with little maintenance. There are many potential applications in the landscape including meadow plantings, as a backdrop in borders, or as a specimen. Plants are very long-lived once established.The roots of the DECADENCE® series run deep-14 years deep to be exact. What started as a fun botanizing trip in the lower Midwest with a fellow botanist blossomed into a complex hybridizing project for breeder Hans Hansen.For over a decade, Hansen made countless crosses with many native Baptisia species he had collected across Texas and Oklahoma. These crosses resulted in an array of seedlings with unique flower colors and plant habits.Only the very best have made it into the new DECADENCE® Series, which includes varieties selected for their desirable flower colors and shorter, more compact habit.
- Shipped#1 BR
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.