Pink Skyrocket Tiarella
A ground cover like no other
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 8 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: All spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Skyrocket Tiarella
Pretty pink flower spikes rise above green foliage accented with deep purple veining on this unique low-growing perennial. Its small stature and shade-loving nature make it the perfect choice for covering the ground near shadowed tree stands, under dense shrubbery or anywhere else the sun is hesitant to shine. Flowers are colorful and fragrant—very unusual in a ground-cover planting. They make wonderful fresh-flower bouquets, too. Prefers cool, moist humus-rich soil. Grows 6-8" tall with a 12-18" spread. Deer resistant. Zones 4-9. Tiarella 'Pink Skyrocket'
Tiarella, also known as Foam Flower, is a versatile shade-loving plant that will add color, interest and beauty to just about any darkened corner of the landscape. Especially nice as a ground cover due to its relatively short form, Tiarella produces unique blooms as well as a lovely scent. Plant them at the front of a shady border or along a woodland walkway for a charming and unexpected floral display.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameTiarella 'Pink Skyrocket'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 inches
- Spacing12 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateAll spring
- Planting InstructionsPartial to full shade is best. If sun received, should be morning sun.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormUpright spike of star-shaped blooms approximately 5-8" long.
- Foliage TypeOvate 3-5 lobed palmate leaves with dark purple coloring along the leaf veining.
- Soil RequirementCool, moist, humus rich soil.
- PruningNone necessary.
- Unique CharactersticsThis selection produces large, dense spikes of sparkling pink, fragrant flowers that are excellent in fresh bouquets. They are held on strong stems above the deeply divided, green foliage with a dark purple central blotch. It is a fast grower and is even attractive during the winter months. Tiarellas are riding on a tidal wave of popularity thanks to their shade tolerance, unusual leaf shape, dramatically marked foliage, repeat flowering, and light fragrance.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 8 inches
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.