Pink Popcorn® Blueberry
Pretty pink fruits with crisp texture
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 5 feet
- Zone: 3-7
- Flowering Date: Harvest in summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Popcorn® Blueberry
This ornamental shrub generates tasty fruits and lots of conversations. The only pink blueberry bush on the market, it bears creamy white and pink berries that have a sweet blueberry flavor and crisp texture. A hardy northern high bush blueberry, it's more compact than other bushes, making it suitable for a patio container. Its white flowers in the spring time and green foliage that turns red in the fall add to its interest in the landscape. Blueberries are a favorite in the edible landscape, and this is a highly sought-after choice. It grows best in humus-enriched, acidic soil and full sun. Vaccinum 'Pink Popcorn'
Shrub • Z3-7 • H5'xW5' • Fruits in Summer • Sun
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameVaccinum 'Pink Popcorn'
- Ships AsQUART
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK CA GA GU HI MI OR PR WA
- Spread5 feet
- Spacing5 feet
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering DateHarvest in summer
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormLarge urn shaped 3/4" fruit borne in loose axillary clusters
- Foliage TypeGlossy, dark blue-green simple elliptical 1-2" long and half as wide
- Soil RequirementAcid, humus enriched soil
- Unique CharactersticsDe Groot: Blueberries are naturally high in anti-oxidants! This hardy northern high bush blueberry is a more compact grower than other varieties, and bears pink fruit that ripens early to midseason. These glowing blush-colored berries have the taste and aroma of the best blueberries, and could offer gourmands a decorative and exotic surprise. The crisp texture promises a "snap" of flavor, hence the whimsical "Popcorn" name. Pink Popcorn®, is truly a hardy plant, the only pink blueberry on the market tolerant in Zone 4 temperatures. Creamy white and pink berries ripen early to mid-season. They are self-fruitful, but will produce a heavier crop if planted with another early-season variety. The vase-shaped bushes with beautiful white flowers and medium green foliage that turns bright red in the fall make Pink Popcorn® a winner in the home landscape. At a mature size of 5'H x 5'W, Pink Popcorn® can be planted in rows, or incorporated easily into the landscape. Pink Popcorn® is self-fertile, but will produce a larger crop of berries of planted in proximity to another early season variety. Blueberries are extremely nutritious and have a high vitamin content. Excellent in pies and makes delicious jams and preserves. Best of all, bake your own 'Pink' Blueberry Muffins! Imagine, a late summer compote of mixed berries with the addition of the 'Pink Popcorn' fruits or a blueberry pie with a mix of the traditional blue berries along with the 'Pink Popcorn' berries. How beautiful! Blueberries are rapidly increasing in interest. Like all blueberries, it must have moist, acidic soil to flourish. Even without the added bonus of delicious berries, it makes an attractive deciduous shrub with flowers in spring and striking autumn colors. Fast-growing. Blueberries are considered a beautiful productive hedge with spring flowering on dark green foliage, delicious fruit in summer and fiery red foliage for autumn color. Set plants out as early as possible in the spri
- Height/Habit5 feet
- Growth RateSlow once established, which takes approximately 8 - 10 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.