Pink Muhly Grass
Spectacular and easy to grow
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 36 inches
- Zone: 6-10
- Flowering Date: Late summer to mid fall.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Muhly Grass
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMuhlenbergia capillaris
- Common NamePink Muhly Grass
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread30 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone6-10
- Flowering DateLate summer to mid fall.
- Planting InstructionsTolerates a wide variety of soil conditions. Tolerates heat and drought as well as wet conditions. Good for wetland or beachside plantings.
- Winter CareMulch is advisable in colder areas.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormPurplish-red inflorescence, diffuse silky panicle 18" high.
- Foliage TypeTidy clumps, fine blue-green foliage.
- Pruning TimeLate winter to early spring.
- ResistanceGood to all P & D problems
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, average garden soil.
- PruningIn late winter to early spring, cut back old foliage down to a few inches above the base of the plant for a neater appearance the rest of the season. Late winter to early spring.
- Additional InformationNice addition to a late season bouquet of chrysanthemums, asters or alstroemeria.
- Foliagetidy clumps, fine blue-green foliage
- Unique CharactersticsCharming pink double flowers with cute light yellow centres stand out nicely against the dark green foliage. The flowers are long-lasting and the look is unique in the world of geraniums.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit18 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|5A||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|5B||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|6A||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|6B||5/1/17 - 6/23/17|
|7A & 7B||4/3/17 - 6/23/17|
|8A & 8B||2/20/17 - 5/26/17|
|9A - 10B||2/13/17 - 5/26/17|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 19th, 2017
Zones 8-10: May 22nd, 2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.