Pink Lemonade Baptisia
Unique bicolor blooms for sunny gardens
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 42 - 48 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Pink Lemonade Baptisia
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameBaptisia 'Pink Lemonade' PPAF
- Ships As#1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 feet
- Spacing4 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Flower Color:yellow, pink
- Flower FormReminiscent of grapes
- Foliage TypeGray green stems with 3-palmate leaves in a blue green color.
- Soil RequirementNot particular about soil requirements.
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: When you have so many colorful members of the DECADENCE® Baptisia, it's hard to imagine a new hue! However, 'Pink Lemonade' does just that with its unique bicolor flower spikes, the first bicolor of the series. In late spring to early summer, soft yellow flowers age to dusty raspberry purple, and both colors appear on the stem at the same time. Charcoal stems really make the colors pop. Forms an incredibly full and bushy habit-a perfect substitution for shrubs if you're looking for structure in the garden. 'Pink Lemonade' is part of a subgroup DECADENCE® DELUXE, a reference to its taller, vase-shaped habit. It joins 'Pink Truffles', a solid pink counterpart. Baptisia is easy to grow and will thrive with little maintenance. There are many potential applications in the landscape including meadow plantings, as a backdrop in borders, or as a specimen. Plants are very long-lived once established. The roots of the DECADENCE® series run deep-14 years deep to be exact. What started as a fun botanizing trip in the lower Midwest with a fellow botanist blossomed into a complex hybridizing project for breeder Hans Hansen. For over a decade, Hansen made countless crosses with many native Baptisia species he had collected across Texas and Oklahoma. These crosses resulted in an array of seedlings with unique flower colors and plant habits. Only the very best have made it into the new DECADENCE® Series, which includes varieties selected for their desirable flower colors and shorter, more compact habit.
- Shipped#1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit42 - 48 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.